What We Do
We primarily represent small and medium-sized businesses as debtors, creditors (most often landlords and secured creditors) and Committees in Chapter 11 cases and other bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy lawsuits, and outside-of Bankruptcy restructurings and workouts. We have a strong litigation practice, having been involved in several thousand lawsuits. We also represent consumers in all types of Bankruptcy cases and mortgage foreclosure defense. We are passionate about our clients and our work and proud of our record of success.
- 5.0 “AV® Preeminent Attorney” rated in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory of Attorneys (this is the highest rating attainable by an attorney, based on ethics and proficiency in the law, as rated by Judges, clients and other attorneys. This rating has been achieved by less than 5% of all attorneys in the U.S. and Canada)
- Interviewed about Bankruptcy twice on television (CNBC-24 and News-12 Long Island)
- Written 13 articles on Bankruptcy that were published in the NY Law Journal, The Banking Law Journal, and the LI Business Journal
Our Managing Partner, Neil Ackerman, lectures frequently on Bankruptcy to attorneys. His most recent lectures were presented to the Bankruptcy Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, and the New York State Bar Association.
- Interviewed in Newsday, the Long Island Business Journal, and in Inc. (a national) magazine
- Most viewed writer on Bankruptcy Law on Quora
- Selected as one of the Top Bankruptcy Attorneys/Resources to Follow on Twitter by justipedia.com
We provide representation in the following areas of law practice:
Whether you find yourself facing bankruptcy from imprudent use of debt and credit cards, predatory lending, medical bills or simply unfortunate timing of difficult circumstances, we can help. We will closely evaluate your situation and inform you of every option available to you. Our attorneys will help you understand the long-term implications of each choice and how it will affect your specific situation.
The bankruptcy process can be complicated, particularly if it involves other issues, such as divorce or the family business. Our firm is capable of facilitating any bankruptcy, no matter how complex the areas of law practice are.
Ackerman Fox, LLP also represents the interests of creditors through the bankruptcy process. We assist in the many disputes that can arise through these proceedings and work toward solutions with our clients.
We are always highly successful in litigation, should the matter go to court.
Free Debt Evaluation