Areas of Law Practice at Ackerman Fox – New York Bankruptcy Attorneys
Many people find themselves on the brink of bankruptcy, wondering how they got here. Financial troubles like this always seem like they should be for other people. Bankruptcy can happen to anyone, though. At Ackerman Fox LLP we specialize in the areas of law practice that will give you that light at the end of the tunnel.
What We Do
We primarily help/represent small and medium-sized companies and business professionals as debtors, creditors (most often landlords and secured creditors) and committees in Chapter 11 cases and other bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy lawsuits, and outside-of Bankruptcy restructurings and workouts. We have a strong litigation practice, having been involved in several thousand lawsuits (most of these during my 25 years as a Bankruptcy trustee). We also represent consumers in all types of Bankruptcy cases and mortgage foreclosure defense. We are passionate about our clients and our work and proud of our record of success.
- 5.0 “AV® Preeminent Attorney” rated in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory of Attorneys (this is the highest rating attainable by an attorney, based on ethics and proficiency in the law, as rated by Judges, clients and other attorneys. This rating has been achieved by less than 5% of all attorneys in the U.S. and Canada)
- Interviewed about Bankruptcy twice on television (CNBC-24 and News-12 Long Island)
- Written 13 articles on Bankruptcy that were published in the NY Law Journal, The Banking Law Journal, and the LI Business Journal
- Lectured many times on Bankruptcy to attorneys, students, trade associations, and other groups and persons. Next lecture is 3/29 to the Bankruptcy Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, then in May for the NACLE (National Academy of Continuing Legal Education)
- Interviewed in Newsday, the Long Island Business Journal, and in Inc. (a national) magazine
- Most viewed writer on Bankruptcy Law on Quora
- Selected as one of the Top Bankruptcy Attorneys/Resources to Follow on Twitter by justipedia.com
Martindale Hubbell was THE legal directory of attorneys’ until around 2008 or 2009 when the internet hit. That’s where all attorneys why to find attorneys. But it really f’d up with the internet. Didn’t do anything. No consumers even know about it. Only attorneys do – and the young attorneys don’t care, because nowadays everyone (even in house legal departments at corporations) look for attorneys on the internet.
Filing For Bankruptcy With A Long New York
At Ackerman Fox, LLP, of East Meadow, New York, we represent individuals and companies from a wide range of backgrounds, professions and family situations. Our representation is tailored to the exact needs of the individual, ensuring that each client is being provided the solutions that will best resolve the current financial concerns. This customized approach to the bankruptcy process lays the framework for a fresh start and a strong financial future following the bankruptcy.
We provide representation in the following areas of law practice:
Whether you find yourself facing bankruptcy from imprudent use of debt and credit cards, predatory lending, medical bills or simply unfortunate timing of difficult circumstances, we can help. We will closely evaluate your situation and inform you of every option available to you. Our attorneys will help you understand the long-term implications of each choice and how it will affect your specific situation.
The bankruptcy process can be complicated, particularly if it involves other issues, such as divorce or the family business. Our firm is capable of facilitating any bankruptcy, no matter how complex the areas of law practice are.
Ackerman Fox, LLP also represents the interests of creditors through the bankruptcy process. We assist in the many disputes that can arise through these proceedings and work toward solutions with our clients.
We are always highly successful in litigation, should the matter go to court.
Free Debt Evaluation